Saturday, April 27, 2013

Reveal Day!

Today is the day of the 3rd reveal for the Bead Soup Blog Hop. Postponed due to some unforeseen circumstances, but well worth the anticipation! Here is what I came up with from the soup I was given: 

I used some of the tibetan clay and 2 different designs of  black porcelain beads, along with the lampworked heart focal and pewter toggle clasp. I combined those with some small wire wrapped heart and rondel dangles and some lampworked lentils so I have 3 shades of green going on.


The next piece contains some beautiful blue twisted lampwork beads and czech beads in the same color from the soup, which worked out awesome with some black faceted roundels in two different sizes that I worked into a symmetrical, yet quirky design, along with a big foiled coin that I've been looking to use in a piece for a very long time.

Can you tell I like using black???

Again, thanks to my Soup Swapper, Terri G. Click on her link to see what she did with what I sent her...

Her blog link is here;
 http://www.blogger.com/profile/03884952008148879264


AND a BIG thank you to Lori Anderson, whose brain child this is, and who works tirelessly, sacrificially,  and through all kinds of circumstances, so we can have a creative outlet to share with others.

 Her blog link is here:
http://www.prettythingsblog.com/

16 comments:

  1. Love the first necklace. It is soooo me. Love big chunky beads and those little green leafs peaking out are just the perfect touch. I, too, like to use black and think it goes perfectly with the blue of your second necklace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! these pieces are amazing! Love your use of the three shades of green! And the teal glass with the faceted black rondelles ...a great combination! Thanks for being my partner this round for the beads soup. It was wonderful to get to know you better. Enjoy the hop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both necklaces are lovely, nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two beautiful necklaces - the first has definitely a tribal feel so it's unusual and unique, the second is also beautiful with its restricted palette of colours. Have a nice Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice work Pam! Love both pieces - Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great necklace, so rich in colour and very inventive! congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeously chunky and fun pieces. First is my fave (because I'm a sucker for green). Lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two interesting necklaces! I love the first one more, it's beautiful how you combined such different elements

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great pieces! My favorite is the first necklace, I really like the color combination. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pam both of your designs are very pretty. Good job using your soup.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice job with your soup! Pretty pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice work on all of it. The blue and black necklace looks great, and shows off your large coin bead perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  13. i like the blue/black necklace very much!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very nicely done! I think black was a beautiful compliment for both of your designs, so no worries about using it in both. It totally lets the other colors shine!

    ReplyDelete